Applications are open.
Applications close on Tuesday, October 31, 2023 at 12 pm midday.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Tomorrow Trust has been appointed by FirstRand Foundation Trust ( FNB, RMB, WesBank) to administer postgraduate bursaries in specific disciplines.
The FirstRand Foundation was established in 1998 as the legal vehicle through which FirstRand Limited and its major franchises (FNB, RMB and WesBank) direct their individual and collective corporate social investment. From inception, the FirstRand Foundation received 1% of FirstRand Limited’s net profit after tax (NPAT).
ABOUT THE BURSARY
The combined arrangement between FirstRand Foundation Trust and Tomorrow Trust offers:
- Full bursaries to attend a registered higher education institution covering tuition, textbooks, accommodation, food, and transport;
- Stipend/Living Allowance
- On-going psycho-social and academic support with our in-house Psychologists;
- Monthly workshops developing essential skills imperative for personal and professional growth;
- Networking opportunities and work readiness experiences;
- Volunteering opportunities with our Grades R – Grades 12 at Tomorrow Trust;
- Belonging to a diverse community with countless opportunities to learn, grow and explore; and
- Lifetime Alumni membership upon graduation.
WHO CAN APPLY
Current Final-year Undergrad Students (studying in 2023)
- Applicants must be between 18-35 years of age;
- Applicants must be South African citizens;
- Applicants must have at least 60% for Mathematics in Matric;
- Received an average of 60% or above for their undergraduate degree;
- First time studying towards a post-graduate degree;
- Students doing their 3rd year of their 4-year honours-level degree in 2022
- Must be a full-time student in 2023;
- Must meet the financial qualification criteria – combined gross family income of up to R600 000 per annum;
- Preference will be given to students as defined by the BBBEE Act.
Graduates who finished their undergrad between Jan 2021 and Dec 2023. (Not studying in 2023)
HOW TO APPLY
Please read these notes and instructions carefully before completing the form. Be sure to read every section and ensure that the information you provide is accurate.
- Applications that are incomplete and that include misrepresentations will immediately be disregarded.
- Please ensure that you attach ALL of the Required Documents
- Closing date for application type:
- FirstRand Foundation Honours Bursary (2024) closes: Tuesday, October 31, 2023 at 12 midday
- Bursary allocation year for application type:
- FirstRand Foundation Honours Bursary (2024) will be allocated for the 2024 academic year
- It is your responsibility to apply for entrance for your intended course and university and to ensure that you are able to meet the entrance requirements stipulated for your course.
- Please ensure that you complete all the sections of this application form.
- Please select the correct funding opportunity when completing your application.
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail once we have received your application.
- You will be advised if your application is unsuccessful. Only shortlisted applicants will be invited to interviews.
- Good Luck! If you don’t hear from us within 4 months of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful
Contact Support@AuraAMS.app if you’re struggling with this online application
Please prepare the following documents:
- A Motivation Letter clearly setting out why you have chosen your field of study and how you intend to use it after graduation.
- Certified ID
- Honours acceptance Letter (for 2023)
- Proof of Income (combine into one document/scan for all household members, incl. SASSA & affidavits)
- Latest Official Transcript
- Certified Matric Certificate
- no other docs
- No other docs
For applicants under the age of 18, to comply with POPI regulations a signed consent form completed by your parent/legal guardian along with a certified copy of their proof of identity is required.
You can download the guardian consent form by clicking HERE.