- Reference Number : refs/019137
- Directorate : Clinical support and Therapeutic Services
- Number of Posts : 1
- Package : R 444 741.00 Per Annum Plus benefits
- Enquiries : Mrs T. Hadebe. Tel. No: (011) 489 0929
- Degree in ultrasound/ 2 years post graduate degree in ultrasound or relevant qualification. Certificate of Registration with HPCSA. Current registration with HPCSA.0 (currently on 1-year community service) years of experience (grd1), 20 years of work experience (for grd2) is required. Knowledge of public service legislation, Policies and procedures. Skills on the following areas: supervisory, organizing, communication, computer literacy, interpersonal relationship, ultrasound quality assurance, accreditation standards, knowledge of specialized ultrasound procedures and equipment.
- Ultrasound departmental operational management. Manage and monitor performance and development of student ultrasound radiographers clinical training. Plan, organize and supervise the provision of the ultrasound services according to the vision and mission statements of the department of health. Provide professional advice in issues pertaining to policies and legislation related to health. Compilation of monthly statistics and stock control and ordering. Ensure that there is enough stock for special examinations. Ensure compliance with the PFMA, National Core standards and departmental policies and regulations. Problem solving and complains management. Ensure that healthy and safe systems of work are maintained and that all possible steps are taken to prevent accidents and reduce hazards to occupational health. Liaise with Doctors and Nurses allocated in the sonar department regarding daily scanning of patients. Provide diagnostic ultrasound imaging and reporting always. Ensure QA equipment protocols are in place, monitor the use of equipment by doctors abd students. Ensure that protective measures are put in place for the safe use the ultrasound equipment.
- Helen Joseph Hospital is committed to the pursuit of diversity, redress and will promote representation in terms of race, disability and gender. The Institutional Employment Equity Plan will be considered in the process of filling the posts. Applications must be submitted on a New Version of Z83 Form, obtainable from any Public Service Department or on www.dpsa.gov.za/documents. The completed and signed form should be accompanied by a recently updated cv. Copies need not be certified when applying for this post. The communication from HR department regarding the requirements for certified documents will be limited to shortlisted candidates. Therefore, only shortlisted candidates for the post will be required to submit certified documents on or before the day of the interview following communication from HR. Successful candidates will be subjected to OHS medical surveillance as required by HBA regulations within the OHS Act 85 of 1993, reference check and verification of qualifications will be conducted. Applications must be submitted at Helen Joseph Hospital, No. 1 Perth Road Auckland Park, Johannesburg. (There is an application box at hospital entrance – ask Security Officers on duty for assistance). Alternatively, applications can be posted to Helen Joseph Hospital Private Bag X 47, Auckland Park, 2006; Attention: Human resources department. PLEASE NOTE: The Public Service does not charge any fees for applying for posts. Should you be asked for a fee, please let the authorities know.
Employer : Department of Health
Location : Helen Joseph Hospital
Closing Date : 03-11-2023
|DO YOU HAVE GRADE 12 CERTIFICATE?|
|DO YOU HAVE AN ULTRASOUND DEGREE OR POST GRADUATE DEGREE/RELEVANT QUALIFICATION?|
|REGISTERED WITH HPSCA, CURRENT REGISTRATION WITH HPCSA?|
Please Notes :
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.