search De Beers is an international corporation that specialises in diamond exploration, diamond mining, diamond retail, diamond trading and industrial diamond manufacturing sectors.
The company was founded 130 years ago in 1888 by Cecil John Rhodes.
The company was later taken over by Earnest Oppenheimer and remained in the Oppenheimer family ever since. The company is currently active in open-pit, large-scale alluvial, coastal and deep sea mining and operates in 35 countries and mining takes place in Botswana, Namibia, South Africa and Canada.
Students applying for the bursary must have intentions to study a mining related, as follows:
- Mining Engineering
- Mine Survey;
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Engineering Geology to specialise in Rock Engineering/Geotechnical Engineering.
- Metallurgical Engineering.
- must be a South African citizen
- must undertake full-time undergraduate studies in a South African tertiary institution
- must pass Grade 12 with exemption
- must obtain a minimum of 70% in both Mathematics and Science Higher Grade and a minimum of 60% for English
- written proof of acceptance to an accredited South African mainstream university or university of technology.
- Student must be from the surrounding areas where the mine operates.
- certified copies of SA ID and their full academic record.
- Full Tuition
- Accommodation and meals
- Laptop allowance
- Student allowance.
How to Apply
Applications available at CLICK HERE
- PSG Bursary Programme 2024
- VWSA 2024 Bursary
- Cape Wools South Africa Bursary 2023/2024
- Tiger Brands Graduate Engineering Bursary
- MERIT BURSARIES
Applications for bursaries open yearly in June, and must be submitted by 31 October.
If you do not hear from us by 30 November , your application has not been successful