The Department of Tourism is inviting South African students to submit applications for the Bursary Programme for the academic year 2024.
Bursary Application Closing Date: 30 October 2023
This program provides financial support to South African graduates pursuing various fields of study. Bursary Overview:Application Closing Date: 20 October 2023The bursary is available for South African citizens pursuing studies at the diploma, degree, honours, master’s, or Ph.D. levels.
About the Department of Tourism:Vision: Leading sustainable tourism development for inclusive economic growth in South Africa.Mission: To grow an inclusive and sustainable tourism economy through good corporate and cooperative governance, strategic partnerships and collaboration, innovation and knowledge management, and effective stakeholder communication.
2024 Bursaries: Required Study Fields: The Department of Tourism offers bursaries for various fields of study, including but not limited to:Coastal and Marine Tourism
Communication (Graphic Design)
Data Science & Analytics
Construction Project Management
Geographic Information Systems
Knowledge Management & Information Systems
Research MethodologyRisk Management
Supply Chain Management (Demand Management)
Systems AnalyticsCustomer Service Management
Duration: Successful candidates will sign a bursary contract. The contract will be for the remaining duration of their studies, renewable annually based on academic progress.
Bursary applications must be submitted via email or hand-delivered before the closing date.Bursaries are available only for full-time studies at accredited institutions in South Africa.
How to Apply: Applicants must follow these steps to apply for the bursary:Complete the Bursary Application Form.Provide certified copies of certificates, academic transcripts, and an ID document.Include proof of registration and proof of the guardian’s income.Submit a motivational letter.
Application forms can be obtained from the Department of Tourism’s website or from the department’s reception.Applications should be addressed to the Director-General and can be submitted in one of the following ways:
Hand-delivered to Tourism House, 17 Trevenna Street, Sunnyside, 0002.Posted to Private Bag X 424, Pretoria, 0001.Emailed to one of the provided email addresses with the subject title: “Bursary application: Ms/Mr….”
Make sure to review the specific application instructions and deadlines provided in the official documentation.
LIMPOPO DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS: BURSARIES 2024
The Limpopo Department of Public Works, Roads, and Infrastructure is offering bursaries for the 2024 academic year and welcomes eligible students to submit their applications.
The closing date for bursary applications is 31 October 2023.
Bursaries will be awarded to students residing in the Limpopo province, for studies within the following fields:
- Architectural Science (Degree)
- Asset Management (Degree or National Diploma)
- Building Engineering (Degree)
- Civil Engineering (Degree)
- Electrical Engineering (Degree)
- Financial Management (Degree or National Diploma)
- Landscaping (Degree or National Diploma)
- Mechanical Engineering (Degree)
- Property and Facility Management (Degree or National Diploma)
- Quantity Surveying (Degree)
The Limpopo Province has a shortage of qualified Engineers, Technicians and other needed scarce skills areas, who are essential to establishing, maintaining and managing Government office buildings, and the bursary programme aims to address this skill shortage, by funding students in these fields. The bursary also aims to provide funding for those in need of financial assistance.
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, prescribed textbooks, accommodation and meals. Students must submit proof of registration from their institution and sign the bursary agreement, before bursary payment is made.
Bursary recipients will be required to work back the bursary on completion of studies – the work period will be equal to that of the bursary awarded.
Final candidates will be selected by the Training Committee, thereafter, successful candidates will be notified in writing and required to sign a bursary agreement with the Department.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside in the Limpopo province
- You must have completed Matric or be currently in Matric
- You must have passed Mathematics and Science in Matric or NTC 3 (National Technical Certificates)
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards a Degree or National Diploma in the Built Environment sector, in one of the fields listed above
- You must be studying or accepted to study at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
- Preference will be given to students from designated groups, those who are previously disadvantaged, have a strong academic record and have been accepted to study at an approved tertiary institution
How to apply
Download and complete the Limpopo Department of Public Works Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Academic record/ transcripts, if currently studying (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of registration/ acceptance from a tertiary institution (on institutions letterhead)
- Motivational letter stating your reason for applying for this bursary
- 2 references (names and contact details)
- Parents or guardians proof of household income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed, proof of SASSA grant if applicable, proof of pension if applicable, death certificate if deceased)
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
The Senior Manager
HRD & PMS
Department of Public Works
Private Bag X 9490
– Hand delivery:
Limpopo Department of Public Works, Roads and Infrastructure
43 Church Street