The South African Avocado Growers’ Association (SAAGA) makes bursaries available to individuals from historically disadvantaged groups for studies to towards a
- BSc (Agric) or equivalent degrees majoring in Horticultural Science or Agricultural Economics / Agribusiness.
- Persons studying towards Honours and Master’s degrees in the abovementioned fields will also be considered.
The SAAGA bursary is for students of colour studying towards a BSc (Agric) or equivalent degree majoring in Horticultural Science and related fields or Agricultural Economics.
Conditions of Bursary
Students awarded a bursary by SAAGA will be required to work for the SA Subtropical Growers’ Association (Subtrop) for a period of one year for each year that the bursary is awarded, provided that a position is available.
If no position is available at the time that the recipient completes his/her degree, there will be no obligation to Subtrop.
If no position is available in Subtrop, the recipient will assisted in finding a placement with members of SAAGA.
Subtrop is the umbrella organisation that manages the affairs of the SA Avocado, Litchi and Mango Growers’ Associations.
Recipients of the bursary will be required to focus their seminars and projects on avocados where possible.Application FormSAAGA.pdf
How to Apply
Applications should be forwarded to the offices of Subtrop, not later than 31 October of the year preceding the academic year for which the bursary is applied.
The attached application form should be completed and supporting documentation must be attached.
Applicants that have not been contacted by 31 December should consider their application unsuccessful.
Kindly attach copies the following to your application:
- A motivation letter as to why you should be considered for the bursary
- Identity document
- Matric certificate
- University academic record
- A brief Curriculum Vitae (max. 2 pages)
- Details of any other bursary or scholarship which you may hold
APPLICATION FORM ATTACHED
Applications should be emailed to Ms Delané Landman: firstname.lastname@example.org