Volkswagen Group South Africa “VWSA” is committed to addressing the skills shortage in our country and supports the skills development of our youth. VWSA will be offering a limited number of comprehensive bursaries to qualifying candidates, studying towards a qualification at a formal tertiary institution in South Africa.
This Bursary is for the 2024 academic year.
You need to be studying full-time in 2024 to qualify.
Undergrad Student (in 2023)
- Certified copy of the latest Official academic transcript/s- For applicants that have enrolled at multiple institutions during their tertiary studies*
- Did you get funded by another bursary/NSFAS?; upload your bursary agreement/letter/offer*
- 2023 Official University Fee Statements- If you have off-campus accommodation, please include your lease agreement*
Scholar in Matric
- Grade 12 Term 2 Report (stamped) – With official school stamp
- Grade 11 Final year Report- With official school stamp
Gap Year Student
- Certified copy of valid matric certificate (Grade 12)
The bursary programme will be aimed at candidates who meet the following criteria:
- All students registered for full-time studies at any DHET/CHE registered tertiary Institution, in 2024.
- This opportunity IS NOT OPEN TO Masters/Doctoral students.
- South African Citizen
Students registered as full time (undergrad & honours) students may apply in the following fields of study:
- Mechanical Engineering;
- Electrical Engineering;
- Industrial Engineering;
- Information Technology; Software Development; Computer Science; Data Sciences;
- Finance / Accounting;
- Marketing; Public Relations
- Purchasing / Logistics / Supply Chain.
- -Grade 12: Bachelor’s Pass with a minimum average of 70%
- -Tertiary level: A minimum average of 65%
Depending on application stage, candidates may be required to undergo screening, shortlisting, interview, and psychometric assessments.
Preference will be given in line with VWSA’s transformation/ employment equity objectives and requirements.Candidate Requirements
- Certified copy of a valid South African identity document
- A 1-2 page statement – Motivation for why you should be selected for this bursary
- Recent certified Parents/Guardian’s valid South African ID (or death certificate if deceased)
- A comprehensive CV of work experience and background
- A copy of 2024 acceptance letter from an accredited institution. – Official letter showing you’ve been accepted (even provisionally) to study the qualification in 2024
- All certified documents must be less than 3 months old.
- Where you have multiple documents for 1 submission, please combine/scan them into 1 file that you can upload.
For applicants under the age of 18, to comply with POPI regulations a signed consent form completed by your parent/legal guardian along with a certified copy of their proof of identity is required.
You can download the guardian consent form by clicking HERE.
Conditions of Bursary
- Should you not have heard back from us by 31 November 2023, please consider your application as unsuccessful
- Terms and Conditions apply. Successful applicants will be required to sign an agreement provided by VWSA
- Fees – Registration/Tuition, accommodation, meals, books and stationery;
- Vacation work;
- Mentoring and development
- Additional study support where regarded appropriate
- Laptop provided for study purposes.
How to Apply
- Applications that are incomplete and that include misrepresentations will immediately be disregarded.
- Please ensure that you attach ALL of the Required Documents
- Closing date for application type:
- VWSA 2024 Bursary closes: Monday, October 30, 2023 at 12 midday
- Bursary allocation year for application type:
- VWSA 2024 Bursary will be allocated for the 2024 academic year