There are various positions available such as Foreman, Cleaner and much more. Department of Public Works is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
REF NO: 2022/396 (X15 POSTS)
- Grade 10 or standard 8, level 3 or equivalent qualifications.
- Good interpersonal skills, basic communication and literacy.
- Ability to perform cleaning routine tasks.
- Knowledge of usage of cleaning materials and equipment and will be added advantage.
FOREMAN: CLEANING SERVICES
REF NO: 2022/395 (X3 POSTS)
- A Grade 12/Senior Certificate/Abet Level 4.
- Appropriate relevant experience in cleaning services environment.
- Must be prepared to travel, willing to adapt work schedule in accordance with office requirements; exposure to hazardous working conditions.
- Knowledge of types and purposes of cleaning materials.
- Cleaning procedures.
- Operating cleaning equipment.
- Occupational health and safety, Labour Relations Act.
- Skills: Effective communication skills; numeracy; computer literacy; observation abilities;
- Ability to work with consultants, professionals and staff at various levels, ability to work independently.
ADMINISTRATION CLERK: PAYMENTS
REF NO: 2022/394
- A Senior Certificate/Grade 12 or equivalent qualification with experience in Logistics/ Supply Chain Management/ Purchasing Management/ Business Management/ Accounting/ Auditing / Finance or Administration. Knowledge of the Public Finance Management Act, Code of Conduct for Supply Chain Management Practitioners, Treasury Regulations and good verbal and written communication skills for the drafting of quality documentation.
- The ability to manage confidential information, advanced interpersonal and diplomacy skills, problem solving skills, decision making skills.
- Computer literacy and a driver’s license are compulsory.
ADMINISTRATION CLERK: IMMOVABLE ASSET REGISTER PROJECT & DATA ADMIN
REF NO: 2022/393
(X2 POSTS) (24 months contract) (Re-Advertisement: people who previously applied are encouraged to re-apply)
- A Senior Certificate/Grade 12 or equivalent qualification with relevant experience in Immovable Asset Management, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and State land Administration.
- Experience in verification of immovable assets (land and buildings), interpretation of CSG diagrams and Deeds information will be an added advantage.
- Computer literacy.
- Decision making skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Excellent inter-personal skills and Communication skills.
- Good Verbal and written communication Skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and deadline driven.
HOW TO APPLY
CLOSING DATE: 28 November 2022 at 16H00
NOTE: With regard to completion of new Z83 form, part A and B must be fully filled, Two questions relating to condition that prevent re-appointment under part F must be fully answered. Page 1 must be initialled, failure to comply with the above, applicants will be disqualified. Part C on method of correspondence and contact details must be fully filled.
Kindly take note that with effect from 01 January 2021, DPSA approved the new Z83 Application Form (obtainable from any Public Service department); applicants are requested to use the new application form as failure to do so will result in their application being disqualified.
The Z83 form must be signed when submitted, To streamline the recruitment process to be more responsive to the public, as well as to create more protective measures during the pandemic by avoiding over-crowding and curb the costs incurred by applicants such measures should include the following regarding certification: Advertisement and accompanying notes must clearly capture the requirements for the certification to reflect that applicants, Please not note that applicants are not required to submit copies of qualifications and other relevant documents on application but must submit the Z83 and a detailed Curriculum Vitae only.
The communication from HR of the department regarding requirements of certified documents will be limited to shortlisted candidates. Therefore only shortlisted candidates for a post will be required to submit certified documents on or before the day of the interview following communication from HR.
The application for employment Form (Z83) provides under the sectional “additional information” that candidates who are selected for interviews will be requested to furnish additional certified information that may be requested to make final decision. It must be borne in mind that when a document is certified as a true copy of an original, the certifier only confirms it being a true copy of the original presented. Therefore, the certification process does not provide validation of the authenticity of the original document. The validation occurs when the documents is verified for authenticity.
Regulation 67 (9) requires the executive authority to ensure that he or she is fully satisfied of the claims being made and these read with Regulations (57) (c) which requires the finalisation of Personnel Suitability Checks in order to verify claims and check the candidate for purpose of being fit and proper for employment.
Applications not complying with the above will be disqualified. Should you not have heard from us within the next months, please regard your application as unsuccessful. Note: It is the responsibility of all applicants to ensure that foreign and other qualifications are evaluated by SAQA. Recognition of prior learning will only be considered on submission of proof by candidates.
Kindly note that appointment will be subject to verification of qualifications and a security clearance. Faxed or late applications will NOT be accepted. Shortlisted candidates must be willing to undergo normal vetting and verification processes. Should you not have heard from us within the next 3 months, please regard your application as unsuccessful.