SPAR offers rewarding careers in the fields of sales, finance, marketing, logistics, information technology and human resources. They are constantly on the lookout for people with the right skills and attitude to join their SPAR family.
Do you have your eye on a Spar job? Here’s a guide on how to find and apply for Spar job vacancies.
Some of the career streams available at SPAR:
Finance: debtors, creditors, accounting, administration, bookkeeping, payroll
Marketing: procurement, advertising, promotions, customer care, sponsorships and special events
Logistics: receiving, assembly, transport, maintenance, engineering, risk control
Information Technology: support, programming, business analysis, software development and testing, retail systems, DC systems, training and project management.
Human Resources: training, industrial relations, general HR, staff benefits, organisational development
Sales: food specialists, retail consultancy, store planning, new business development
SPAR has teamed up with PNET, to advertise vacancies.
HOW TO APPLY
- Go to the Spar website
- Scroll down to the bottom and find ‘Careers’ and click on it. Here you can register your Cv and view the latest Spar jobs
- First, you will need to create an account by clicking on ‘LOGIN’ and then on ‘Sign Up’
- You will have to provide your personal information as well as your CV to register
- Once you’re done, go to ‘JOB SEARCH’ to see the latest job vacancies
- You can also use the search bar on the homepage to find a job suited to you
- Once you see a job you’d like to apply for, click on it
- You will now see all the information about the job from where it’s located to the Spar job requirements
- To apply, click on ‘APPLY’
- If you’re logged in, applying will be even easier as Spar already has your CV
- Fill in your details and follow the prompts and then submit your application.
After the closing date, recruiters will go through each application and shortlist those applicants matching the specified skills and experience of each advert.
They will contact those candidates who have been shortlisted for the positions directly and arrange for an interview. Should you be successful after the first round of interviews they will invite you back for a second round of interviews.
Should you make it through the second round of interviews they will forward you an offer and if accepted confirmation of your start date will be sent to you with your employment contract.