SPAR offers rewarding careers in the fields of sales, finance, marketing, logistics, information technology and human resources. They are constantly on the lookout for people with the right skills and attitude to join their SPAR family.
Do you have your eye on a Spar job? Here’s a guide on how to find and apply for Spar job vacancies.
Performs general tasks, requiring the briefest induction
- Grade 10 or NQF4
- Loading and offloading of stock
- Keeping premises clean and tidy
- Stock control
- Client service
- Able to perform hard manual labour
- Constantly adding value to the function of the job
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for general tidiness
- Cleaning duties
- ADHOC duties as assigned from time to time
- Assist customers/suppliers with loading and offloading of stock as required according to policies and procedures
- General housekeeping of premises
- Customer services
- Service orientation
- Accurate, thorough and precise
- Excellent health
Some of the career streams available at SPAR:
Finance: debtors, creditors, accounting, administration, bookkeeping, payroll
Marketing: procurement, advertising, promotions, customer care, sponsorships and special events
Logistics: receiving, assembly, transport, maintenance, engineering, risk control
Information Technology: support, programming, business analysis, software development and testing, retail systems, DC systems, training and project management.
Human Resources: training, industrial relations, general HR, staff benefits, organisational development
Sales: food specialists, retail consultancy, store planning, new business development
SPAR has teamed up with PNET, to advertise vacancies.
HOW TO APPLY
- Go to the Spar website
- Scroll down to the bottom and find ‘Careers‘ and click on it. Here you can register your Cv and view the latest Spar jobs
- First, you will need to create an account by clicking on ‘LOGIN’ and then on ‘Sign Up’
- You will have to provide your personal information as well as your CV to register
- Once you’re done, go to ‘JOB SEARCH’ to see the latest job vacancies
- You can also use the search bar on the homepage to find a job suited to you
- Once you see a job you’d like to apply for, click on it
- You will now see all the information about the job from where it’s located to the Spar job requirements
- To apply, click on ‘APPLY’
- If you’re logged in, applying will be even easier as Spar already has your CV
- Fill in your details and follow the prompts and then submit your application.
After the closing date, recruiters will go through each application and shortlist those applicants matching the specified skills and experience of each advert.
They will contact those candidates who have been shortlisted for the positions directly and arrange for an interview. Should you be successful after the first round of interviews they will invite you back for a second round of interviews.
Should you make it through the second round of interviews they will forward you an offer and if accepted confirmation of your start date will be sent to you with your employment contract.
“Your application and all personal information provided herein is protected under the Protection of Personal Information Act (4 of 2013), hereinafter referred to as the “Act”.
- The SPAR Group LTD, with its head offices at 22 Chancery Lane in Pinetown, is collecting this information to enable us to facilitate your application and /or assess your suitability for the advertised position. This information will be used for this purpose only and disposed of thereafter, unless you consent to the information being retained for marketing purposes.
- Where shortlisted, your information will be retained for a period of 3 months and disposed of immediately thereafter if you are unsuccessful in your application. Where employment is offered, it will be retained as part of your employee portfolio and secured accordingly.
- This information is given to us, by you, voluntarily and of your own free will.
- If you do not wish to provide us with this information, are unable to do so, or object to it being used, it will result in the disqualification of your application.
- In the course of the recruitment process, and for matters related to your application only, we may share your information with third parties.
- You have the right to access this information while in our possession and make corrections if necessary.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint via email with the office of the Information Regulator, at complaints.IR@justice.gov.za, if you are unhappy with the manner in which we deal with your information.
By submitting your application, you hereby declare your understanding of the aforementioned information and consent to the processing of your information in accordance with the Act, as well as the processing of any further personal information requested by us in the future including but not limited to, banking details, criminal history and credit reports /financial history information.”