PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Provide a comprehensive senior HR business partner support role to all DC Leaders and Dynamos. Implement all People Support (PS) functions and activities in alignment with the National PS DC Plan and ensure that DC Leaders adhere to all PS policies, procedures and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)’s in order to instill a high performance team through our culture of Sikhula KunYe.
- Implement Strategic People Plan for the Distribution Centre in alignment with the Distribution Centre, Supply Chain and Business 3 Year Growth Plans.
- Influence, contribute and advise as the subject matter expert to DC Leadership on key PS and people decisions, policies and procedures.
- Understand, keep abreast of, anticipate and interpret the complexity of people’s impacts due to the changing macro and micro environments.
- Provide operational support, leadership and supervision on all PS related interventions.
- Provide comprehensive PS functions, inclusive but not limited to; talent management, recruitment and selection, labour relations, performance management, Employment Equity, compensation and benefits, training and development, project management, employee wellness and organizational development.
- In conjunction with the DC leadership, develop, implement and manage a workplace communications programme to support the annual DC Growth plan people priorities.
- Build and maintain a healthy working relationship between management, shop stewards and recognised union officials.
- Support the leadership to entrench a high performance culture through Sikhula KunYe (Way of doing things) and PEP values.
JOB INCUMBENT REQUIREMENTS:
- The position requires a highly emotionally mature, confident HR professional who can work independently, nationally and across multiple stakeholders in a pressurized environment, and has extensive industrial relations background.
- 3 Year Degree/National Diploma in Human Resource Management
- 3-5 years HR Generalist experience, in a retail, logistics, manufacturing or related environment
- Computer literate – Microsoft Office & G-Suite
- Competencies required: Leadership skills; Team player; Communication skills; able to maintain confidentiality; Stress Tolerance; Planning and Organizing; Detail Orientation; Problem Solving and Service Orientation.
CLOSING DATE: 14 March 2023
If you are interested and meet the minimum requirements, please submit your CV and covering letter
All Internal candidates please apply on Direct Hire via this URL:
All external candidates please apply on Direct Hire via this URL:
If you do not hear from us within 4 weeks of the closing date of this position, please regard your application as being unsuccessful.
PEP strives for equal opportunity in terms of its employment equity guidelines