Sappi Southern Africa
Assistant Storeman (P14)
Sappi Ngodwana Mill requires Assistant Storeman to ensure all equipment is delivered to the respective customers correctly and in the required condition and timeously.
This role reports to the Stores Supervisor.
The main responsibilities of this job are:
- Bin materials in correct bins according to SAP.
- Do Plant deliveries for stock and DPRs.
- Offloading of wire and diesel.
- Do daily material counts as required from the MRP controller whilst issuing and binning the materials
- Handle or transport the materials in a careful and safe manner
- Issue materials as per issuing procedure and deliver said materials to the plant
- Relocate materials to new storage bins as and when required
- Maintain the security of the stores at all times by controlling and limiting access to the stores’ area
- Perform housekeeping with the team – focus on the area of responsibility, and ensure the stores comply with the 5S principles
- Ensure that the physical stock in the bin is as per SAP
- Work shifts if and when required
- Obtain licenses to operate vehicles within the stores including Overhead crane, Forklift, Reach Truck and Side loader.
- Do the materials maintenance activities as per schedule
- Perform relevant tasks requested from Stores Supervisor/ Materials Manager
- Co-ordinate with plant on receiving and delivering of materials
- Create a safe work environment by identifying and managing day-to-day risks
- Report accidents, injuries and fires immediately to the Stores Supervisor or Safety Representative
- Accountable to ensure adherence to all safety BP’s, procedures and BBS practices.
- Ensure adherence to specific regulatory requirements
The ideal candidate should have:
- Grade 12
- Motor Vehicle Licence
- Clerical and engineering stores experience will be advantages
Closing Date: 28 November 2022
At Sappi, we are vaccinated and expect all new employees to be vaccinated when joining our One Sappi family. Show us your support by submitting your vaccine card when applying for our vacancies.
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
How to Apply
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.